We all know that community leaders often feel the pressure to “Do something!” But what happens when you don’t take the time to build consensus around priorities? Wasted time, energy and resources are required to revisit decisions, reengage stakeholders and sometimes change course entirely.
Our experience has taught us that it pays to ‘go slow to go fast’. Communities reap significant rewards when they take the time to accurately diagnose a problem before leaping into action. Only then can they prioritize a set of solutions that temper market realities with the interests of all stakeholders. And the more complicated the issue, the more important it is to share a base of facts upon which decisions can be made. This is where an expert advisor comes in, to help stakeholders make decisions based on information that all parties respect and accept.
We call our process SMART™ (Strategic Position, Market Analysis, Administrative Capacity, Retail Sales/Redevelopment, Tenant Mix). And our tools and services can fall anywhere on the SMART™ spectrum as follows.
Strategic Positioning + Market Analysis Studies
- Commercial District Assessments
- Consumer Research
- Retail Studies
- Custom-designed solutions
- Board Retreats
- Business Improvement District (BID) Planning and Formation
- Training and Education
- Program Development and Evaluation
- ICSC Dealmaking Preparation
- Performance Benchmarks and Evaluation Metrics
Retail Sales, Redevelopment, and Tenant Mix
- Turning your Strategic Positioning and Market Analysis into a real life marketing and promotional campaign based on sound data
- Developing marketing materials to support retail leasing efforts
- Coaching in retail leasing, including ICSC Dealmaking prep
- Land use and planning
- Real estate feasibility analysis